Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Coming Soon -- To A Bookstore Near You!

.



Here it is, the distinguished thing -- the cover for my impending new collection, Not So Much, Said the Cat. The pdf file that Tachyon sent me has blurbs (did you know that the term originally applied to jacket copy?), graphics, and typography, but you'll have to wait a bit to see them.. Most importantly, it has Beelzebub ("Not the famous one, obviously," as he says in Of Finest Scarlet Was Her Gown), who is one of my favorite characters ever. Why, you ask? Because he's a talking cat. In Hell! Is any other reason needed?

Of course not.

And that's all I have to share with you today. As always, I'll be on the road tomorrow, and if I want to waste all of Thursday at the beach, I'd better get a lot of work done today.


And stay tuned...

Recently, a young writer, one I didn't know, asked me to look at and critique their story. I said that for very good reasons I couldn't, and said stranger demanded to know what those reasons were.

So on Friday, I'll spell out my reasons. Be there or be square. As we used to say in my youth, just before a pick-up mastodon hunt.


*

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Why not? 1). Because if an editor reads it and likes it they will send you a check! I can't do that.
2). See 1).
3). and following: I'm waiting for your comments on this question.
But I'm guilty. I sent you a story to read ONCE.