Wednesday, June 1, 2016

And The Good News Keeps Coming!

.



(Since today's blog post was posted yesterday, this should be considered Thursday's blog post posted a day early.)

I've just learned that my forthcoming collection, "Not So Much," Said the Cat, has received a starred Kirkus review. For those not in the know, that's a very big deal among us ink-stained wretches.

Here's a small excerpt from the review:

Versatility, craftsmanship, a dollop of weird, and a delightfully askew sense of humor are key to the 17 pieces here, all of which appeared between 2008 and 2014, together with an introduction that illuminates the contents without revealing too much.

The reviewer also said that I was "one of a handful of writers whose short pieces are as impressive as their novels."

I won't pretend this doesn't make me happy.

You can read the entire review here.


*

3 comments:

David Stone said...

Awesome, reminds me to pre-order this and Jeffrey Ford's new collection.

Michael Swanwick said...

David, don't forget to buy jeff's and my collections.

David Stone said...

Sir! I would never condescend to order you to do anything, I was merely saying how the recent blog posts reminded me to order the books, as I have just done. The days when these show up on my doorstep will be happy ones!