Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Gardening Versus Travel

.



Two of the great attractors in life are the garden and the horizon.  Unhappily, they are at odds and one must choose which one to neglect.  So for the next ten days I'll be neglecting the garden.  As of your reading this I should be in Ekaterinburg, probably sleeping off a very long flight but possibly awake again already and exploring the city.

When I'm home again on June 1, I'll start work restoring the garden to its proper state.  In the meantime, I've added two more plants to the Shoe Garden in the backyard.  It's still a work in progress but when it's done I expect it will be magnificent.

And as always . . .

I'll try to keep you posted while I'm in Russia.  But that may not be possible.  If it isn't, I promise to give you a tour of some of the highlights on my return.


Above:  Traveling shoes.

*

No comments: